Roof problems usually start two years after installation, including leaks, and its average lifetime is actually half a roofing manufacturer’s promised longevity due to a lot of factors. You’ll encounter roofing issues due to severe weather conditions, like strong winds, storms, snow, and hail.
One way to prevent roofing problems is to ensure a strong roof construction from the very start. When it comes to hiring roofing services, there are important things you have to consider to ensure excellent results.
- Roofing Trends
Before you hire a roofing company, it pays off knowing if your prospect is highly knowledgeable and skilled in roofing trends. Because the roofing industry is more competitive than ever, roofing contractors invest in the best materials in terms of ease of installation, durability, and energy-efficiency.
A good roofing company, like WISA Solutions, offers the latest roofing solutions that comply with new insurance policies and building codes requiring storm-resistant roofing products.
Here are the latest roofing trends:
- Use of Durable Roofing Products: Because of severe weather, there will be an increase in the use of durable roofing products that are resistant to UV, wind, impact, and prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Use of Energy-efficient Roofs: There will also be an increase in using cool roofs, most especially in the southern half of the United States. Solar roofing systems are also gaining popularity in residential settings.
- Permits, Licenses, and Certifications
Bad weather conditions can wreak havoc on residential roofs by creating leaks and ripping off shingles. That’s why homeowners contact a reliable roofing contractor to repair the damages or install a new roof altogether.
Roofing contractors need to obtain the necessary permits, licenses, and certifications to become a legitimate roofing company. There’s no standard industry-wide certification existing for roofing companies, but most local governments require licensing.
Here are the important things you have to consider when determining a roofing company’s legitimacy:
- Ask the contractor about construction programs attended in a community college or local technical or vocational school.
- Also, inquire about the availability of insurance to protect you and their business against lawsuits involving property damage and personal injury claims. The website of the National Roofing Contractors Association posted a special section dedicated to roofing insurance.
- Hire a licensed contractor who passed your state’s roofing exam. Check Prometric results, which is a licensing national testing organization for roofing contractors.
- It’s also a good idea to ask if the roofing contractor is a member of a national or regional roofing professional association, which proves credibility and being abreast of the latest roofing trends and news in the industry.
- Your Budget
How much are you willing to spend to attain the best roof for your home? While you don’t want a cheap roof, quality comes with the price. According to a 2020 roof report, the average cost of roof replacement ranges from $5,345 and $10,643.
It’s important to consider your budget when it comes to hiring roofing services because you also need to consider not only the cost of labor but also the materials needed. When you have a budget in place, planning a roof repair or replacement is easier, faster, and you gain the best results.
- Roofing Needs
While it’s the last to be discussed here, identifying your roofing needs should be a priority. You might not need all the bells and whistles of a smart roof, but it’s also a good idea to assess your present and future roofing needs. Climate changes are imminent and inevitable and your roof should be prepared for the worst.
Here are the different roofing services a company can provide to address your roofing needs:
- New roof installation
- Roof leak repair
- Gutter replacement
- Shingles replacement
- Solar roof installation
Like any other service, it’s important to know the terms of a potential roofing contract. You have to get a rough estimate of the overall costs and determine how the roofing contractor will proceed with the job, including an estimated start and finish dates or a timeframe to finish the project.
When hiring a roofing contractor, it’s important to choose a trusted company that is abreast of the latest trends and services in the roofing industry. Make sure to check the necessary licensing, permits, insurance, and certifications as foolproof of good reputation, experience, and expertise. Also, it’s a must to consider your budget so you can invest in the best roofing products and services for longer-lasting and stress-free roof for many years to come.