Are you building a new house? If so, then you would have prepared a list of things to be done. In case you have missed out, do include building a swimming pool at the top of the list. There are many benefits of building a swimming pool at the time of building a house. Even if you have purchased a house, you are likely to make a lot of renovations to it. This is the best time to add a swimming pool to the home. Once you start living at a house, adding a pool later can be troublesome. This is why it is best to add a pool while constructing a new house.
Why add a pool at the construction stage?
There are many benefits of planning a swimming pool at the construction stage of a new house. These benefits make it advantageous to include a swimming pool in your to-do-list.
- Easy to plan
When you are planning a new house, you are starting from scratch. You are going to make the blueprint for the entire house and decide where things will go. This is the best time to plan for a swimming pool. You will know at this stage how much space you have in your backyard. You can even extend the space by reducing other constructions. Once you know the space availability, you can then decide the kind of pool you need.
Adding a swimming pool at a later stage is a problem. When the home is already built, you have a backyard in place. The backyard is likely to have landscaping and other structures. Breaking them to build a pool can be a problem. In such a scenario, you need to use the available space to build a pool instead of building the pool of your choice. The convenience of planning is why you should add a pool at the time of building the house.
One more key aspect is the budget for the pool. When you decide to add a pool, you need to fix a budget. Since you are already planning for the house, you can include the costs of the pool in the house construction cost. This will allow you to plan to make funds available easily. Getting money to build a pool later maybe an issue. If you include this cost with the home cost, financing will be easy. Your home loan can include the cost of building the pool. Depending on your budget, you can decide the type of pool, options for the pool, and how much you want to spend on it.
- It gives you more options
When you decide to add a pool to your house plan, you will get more options. You can construct the pool of your choice. You can decide the type of pool you want, the shape of the pool, and the design. You can also enhance the pool with other additions. This includes:
- Adding a spacious deck to the pool.
- Adding landscaping to the pool area can be done easily. You can plan the best kind of landscaping to make your pool look beautiful.
- Other enhancements like a waterfall or pool décor elements can be included. Since you are starting from scratch, all this is possible.
- While planning the electrical wiring, you can include wiring and lights around the pool area. With proper lighting, you will be able to use the pool even at night.
- If you want to add a spa to the pool, you can easily do it at this stage. Adding a spa allows you to have a relaxing experience and use hydrotherapy.
- Positioning the pool is easier
Positioning the pool can be done easier if the pool is built along with the home. You can plan the position of the doors and windows of your housekeeping in mind the pool position. This will allow you to get a view of the pool from your windows. If you are planning to organize regular pool parties, you can position the kitchen near the pool deck so food arrangements would be easier to make. You can even enter the pool directly from your home. All these are easy to do when you build the pool with the home.
- It saves you materials
Building a pool requires a lot of materials. If you want an in the ground swimming pool, you need to carry out excavation. The construction needs materials. The cost of materials is expensive. When you do it while building the home, you can use the same material used for home construction. When you buy more materials, you will get them at a lesser price.
- It saves you money
You can save a lot of money when you construct a swimming pool while building a new home. This is how you can save money:
- You can buy materials for both together, allowing you to save money on the cost of materials.
- You don’t need to spend money to change your house layout since you are starting from scratch.
- Shifting a pre-built swimming pool will be easy as there won’t be anything in the way. Doing it later can be difficult since your house may be in the way.
- When you get your home building plan approved, you can get the approval for the pool from local authorities. You don’t have to worry about doing it later.
- Construction experts and electricians would already be at your site during the construction of a home. You can use their services to build the pool, add lighting arrangements, etc. This will again help you save money.
- You can do the landscaping once, whereas doing it later will be more expensive.
All the above reasons explain why adding a small swimming pool is easy at the construction stage. If you are building a new house, then it makes sense to include adding a pool in your list of things to do. You can get in touch with a pool contractor or consultant to find out more details.