A simple yet beautiful way to decorate your home is to bring the mid century Scandinavian design to your home. You should begin by choosing the right type of furniture and color, as the sizes of houses differ. For example, if you live in a small apartment you can’t buy 10 egg chairs, as there wouldn’t be enough space. However, there are solutions to any problems. In this guide, we’re going to explain how to decorate your home (the awesome way) step by step.
5 rules for when you begin to decorate your home
The first step to decorating your home is to respect the following rules:
- Leave some space between the walls and the furniture in order to “let it breath” and to make the place look bigger.
- Don’t mix warm and cold colors unless you really know what you’re doing. Mixing too many colors isn’t recommended, either, as it gives a cheap aspect of the whole house.
- Group & organize your items and pieces of furniture. For example, if you have a case you should put it on a nightstand or a side table to make it all look more futuristic.
- Buy matching sets. They offer your home an unique vibe that you will not find anywhere else.
- Personalize your home as much as possible. Your house is a reflection of your personality, therefore, it should reflect it. Buy unique pieces of furniture that you like and don’t copy the style of your friends’ homes.
Whether you live in a big house or small apartment, your hall should announce the “theme” of your home. Make it stand out with a clock which passes the test of time. Therefore, we recommend you getting the Sunburst Clock or the Ball Clock. Both of them are incredibly beautiful and you will totally love them. Moreover, you can buy a hanger and place it at the very beginning or the middle of the entrance hall.
The dining room
The dining room is the place where you and your family / guests eat, therefore, it should be welcoming. By getting a big dining table, for example a tulip model, you can impress your visitors. It is an unique and unforgettable way to say “welcome to my house”. The best type of chairs that go hand in hand with the tulip tables is the wishbone model, but you can also buy tulip chairs or even the ghost ones. There are two models you can choose from, Victoria and Phillipe Stark ghost chairs.
You spend your evening and nights there, either in front of the laptop or in front of the TV. Maybe you’re reading a book, too. No matter which one is the correct answer in your case, you should know that each piece of furniture that you buy sends a message and vibes in a different way. Investing in your bedroom is the best advice one could give. Therefore, buy a bed big enough for you, in order to spend there the nights of your life.
The wardrobe should also match the color of your bed.
To sum up
In conclusion, when you decide to decorate your home, you should keep in mind that you have to be unique. Make everything look like an extension of you. Make everything reflect your purpose, values and principles. In other words, simply be yourself.