The bathroom is where you start and end your day. Since you’re renovating your home, it’s time for you to find more ways to make your home bathroom look polished and clean. Here are five stylish ideas to explore when renovating your home bathroom:
- Make Your Bathroom Comfortable
In styling your bathroom, your voice matters the most. That’s why you have to find your aesthetic. A survey states that, on average, people spend 3.5 hours a week inside the bathroom.
The survey found that an individual spends five minutes on the toilet each use and visits the bathroom four to seven times a day, which means that people spend approximately eight days a year and 547 days in a lifetime.
With that amount of time people spend on the toilet, it makes sense to make bathrooms more comfortable. It’s time to make your own bathroom capital.
To build an exceptional bathroom design, you can have multiple styles to select from. If you have a favorite color, you can ask your interior designer to guide you in choosing the right shades to fit the perfect combination. They can also help you find the best materials that will suit your bathroom space and your budget.
- Keep Your Bathroom Products as Minimal as Possible
If you’re used to keeping your empty shampoo bottles inside your bathroom, then it’s time for you to change this. Check your bathroom room products twice a month to declutter useless items. This method will create more space for your product replacements, and your renovated bathroom will look cleaner and more maintained. You can also purchase trays to prevent your soap from leaking. Your soap will be saved from moisture, which reduces the number of times you have to open a new soapbox.
- Put Your Products Inside a Cabinet
If you share a bathroom with your spouse and maybe even your kids, then it’s possible that you also see their products while you’re taking a shower. There are also times when random products suddenly fall off, which makes sitting on the toilet uncomfortable. If you’re tired of this, then it’s time for you to put these products inside a cabinet if they’re not in use. Putting away the products will make your bathroom look wider and cleaner.
- Use Indoor Plants As Design
If you like outdoor spaces and want to bring nature inside your bathroom, you can try adding indoor plants as your new design pieces. You can try these plants during your renovation:
- Peace Lily: This plant survives under moderate to bright light and humid conditions, so it’s ideal for sunny, well-lit bathrooms.
- Aloe Vera: This plant doesn’t only smell good, but it’s also a favorite in many household spaces. If you have a sunny window in your bathroom, then this is the one for you.
- Lucky Bamboo: If you don’t like to incorporate bright light inside your bathroom, this plant is your best choice.
- Snake Plant: This plant is typically found in plenty of bathrooms because it doesn’t require much attention, so if you want to join the bandwagon, you should give it a try.
- Double Vanity Mirrors for Bigger Spaces: If your bathroom has a space that you have no idea what to do with, try this new trend of adding double vanity mirrors. The benefits of these are as follow:
- Illusion of Artwork: Adding another vanity mirror can help your guests be more productive because you’ll have one mirror all for yourself. You don’t have to take turns while you fix your hair and makeup, so the time you’ll spend inside the bathroom together will be lesser.
- Additional Appeal: If your double vanity mirrors are displayed beside each other, they can add character to your space, and it will reflect light in different directions. To increase depth, you can choose a focal point and angle your mirrors toward it to create an illusion.
Taking All into Account
Since you’re starting and ending your day inside the bathroom, you must find ways to make it look polished and clean. The renovation should include finding your own aesthetic, keeping your products as minimal as possible by putting them inside a cabinet, using indoor plants as design, and using double vanity mirrors to create an illusion of bigger spaces.
You can ask interior designers for help. They can guide you in the process of building exceptional bathroom designs by assisting you in finding the best designs and materials that will suit your budget and bathroom space.