Window treatments—like curtains, blinds, and shutters—are sometimes overlooked when there are plans of casually redesigning houses. But these important and functional interior decorating pieces can also enhance the beauty of your home. With the right color, material, and quality of window treatment, you can boost your family’s comfort and privacy as well.
But how do you pick the best window coverings for your home? How can curtains, shutters, and blinds impact your interior’s aesthetic appeal? In this article, learn more about choosing the right window treatments, and how the perfect pick can improve the interior design and overall look of your lovely home.
Customize Your Home’s Interior Look With Motorized Window Treatments
Unlike what most people know, motorized window treatments don’t only include roller shades. This type of window coverings comes in a broad range of designs, styles, and fabric choices to help achieve a customized look for your home interior.
Here’s how motorized window coverings can improve the look of your home:
- Add Accents: Modern motorized window treatments operate on radio frequency, allowing you to add accents such as cornices and custom fascia without remote signal blocking.
- Scheduled Lighting: Modern, quiet motorized window coverings allow you to schedule their movement, such as setting to raise them in the morning for a natural sunlight inflow.
- Don’t Take So Much Space: Motorized window treatments won’t take up unnecessary space, and they’re not even noticeable at all.
- Solar-powered Operation Option: While traditional motorized window coverings use batteries, modern ones use a solar panel, eliminating the cost and hassle of replacing batteries.
Motorization can be added to horizontal blinds, roman shades, cellular shades, plantation shutters, draperies, and skylights. Check out these window coverings in Colorado Springs and get the most of your money’s worth with high-quality motorized window treatments.
Silhouette Window Shadings Welcome New Spring Look
It’s nice to wake up and enjoy the warm glow that the sun brings during spring. Replacing your old window treatments in your living room or bedroom with silhouette window shadings can bring out the new spring look for your home. This window covering is a perfect combination of solar shades and blinds.
Here’s how silhouette window shadings can bring out the fresh and beautiful look of your interior:
- Silhouettes come with vanes tilted either up or down, permitting healthy and beautiful morning light. In the afternoon, you can shade your room, tilting it down to get rid of the hot afternoon sun.
- Silhouettes have a sheer fabric, beautifully filtering the sunlight to a warm glow.
- Silhouettes have dozens of fabric options, including sheer, semi-opaque, and opaque.
- Silhouette window shadings offer complete privacy. Use semi-opaque or opaque honeycomb shades to maximize your privacy and guard furniture from high altitude sun.
Drapes Promote A Great Sense Of Style
Drapes make one of the best window treatments you can use to decorate your home with style. They come in a wide range of styles, colors, shapes, sizes, and textures. With the floor-to-ceiling architecture enhanced by drapes, your home’s ambiance evokes a calm and gentle feeling.
Here’s how to style your home using drapes:
- Sweeping Sheets: They make an excellent choice for your living room because they hang loosely, giving a fresh, cozy, and airy look with their stylish prints. When tied together, sweeping sheets build a gentle yet powerful arc, enhancing your home’s atmosphere.
- Right Color And Texture For Season Changes: Choose the right color and texture of drapes depending on the season. For instance, keep winter months warm by choosing bolder and warmer colors of drapes; thicker ones act as insulation, too. You may also combine drapes with blinds for more versatility and function.
Plantation Shutters Promote Safer Indoor Environment
Plantation shutters have fire retardant attributes and are free of vapors brought about by volatile organic compounds or VOCs. They make for a safe window treatment, and it’s crucial to consider if you have children and pets around.
Plantation shutters come in different sizes, colors, and styles, making your home aesthetically appealing and safe for everyone. The safety features of plantation shutters help provide a safer home for your children, especially if you have toddlers who always want to touch and taste everything.
Enhance the interior of your home by choosing the right window coverings. You can have fun choosing from motorized window treatments, silhouette window shadings, drapes, or plantation shutters as you match your interior design taste with your family’s specific needs. Remember only to choose the best window coverings by dealing with a trusted window treatment provider.