New trends and trends in interior design can often stay the same for decades and 2021 will be no exception. In many ways, contemporary design continues to follow the trends of 2020. This is characterized by the retention of interior design features such as:
- Eco-friendliness of the materials used, demonstrating closeness to nature;
- Maintaining maximum natural light indoors;
- Interesting wall art such as give it to god go to sleep wall art;
- Intelligent use of space and room zoning;
- Maintaining a unique aesthetic.
Modern fashion trends are trying their best to make maximalism and classicism a thing of the past. Of course, classics have always been valued, but modern design tries to reduce its influence on the interior, as fashion trends contradict the fundamentals of traditional design.
This is reflected in the fact that the design projects of 2021 are sticking to a minimalist style, an unconventional solution for interiors that emphasizes the individuality of the people living in the house. The classics, on the other hand, are chasing established and outdated strains, which limit creative design impulses.
Nevertheless, regardless of trends, the most important thing for any interior and design project is that the occupants of the house like it.
Living room design
The living room is the face of any home, so it’s worth taking the most care when furnishing it. This is where most of your time is spent – hosting guests, relaxing after a hard day’s work, pursuing your hobbies, and enjoying life. The living room tends to have the most personality, which is why there are so many interesting and unusual interior designs.
An example of perfect room zoning is the division into a lounge area and a dining area. The dimly lit geometric lamps above the dining table are decorated with stucco on the ceiling, which pays homage to the classic style. The overall style of the room is not spoilt, on the contrary, it is multifaceted. The color scheme in the room is usually a pleasing combination of white and coffee colors.
The dark maroon color of the armchairs and cushions adds a highlight to the color scheme. The presence of metallic details adds more modern tendencies to the room, balancing the interior with their presence.
The superbly finished small living room perfectly highlights the personality of the occupants, without forgetting one of the main characteristics of modern interior design trends. The living room, designed in a classic white color, has some seemingly small, but very important details that highlight the owner’s range of interests. These details include:
- A map on the far wall;
- A table lamp with a globe as a decoration;
- A volumetric crystal chandelier of the right geometric shape.
- The designer should also remember to use elements of nature in the interior, complementing the table and bookshelf with vases of flowers.
The most modern features of a fashionable living room are:
- Natural light from the large open window;
- An emphasis on sustainability through the use of wood textures and décor elements;
- Dividing the room into a dining and relaxation area;
- Simple geometric shapes, used for all interior elements;
- Sophisticated design embellishments and décor elements to add a twist to the interior.
A bedroom is the most secret room in every house, and not without reason. A bedroom is first of all a place for complete rest. Only here a person can reject the daily routines and problems, plunge into the sweet embrace of sleep and enjoy a few hours of solitude.
Although the bedroom is rarely used by outsiders or guests, it is worth designing as delicately as possible. For the bedroom, it is rare to find a design full of striking details to accentuate the personality of the wearer. Rather, on the contrary, the bedroom is most often exposed to mature colors and standard, classic style. The bedroom welcomes minimalism more than any other room in the home.
If the living room is the face of the house, the kitchen is the heart. It’s where the whole family gathers for lunch and where guests are invited for tea. The cooking process takes place in the kitchen. So it’s no surprise that great care should be taken when it comes to choosing the interior of the dining area because it’s not wrongly said – meals cooked with heart, transmit the mood of the chef.
In the kitchen, it’s particularly important to keep some standards in mind, such as:
- An uncluttered dining area is a must;
- And because bright, juicy colors enhance the appetite, this is an ideal place to turn your imagination to the max;
- The room must also be ergonomic because your kitchen should not just look good, but also be comfortable.
The modern bathroom
Last but not least, it is worth sorting out the interior of a room in the house such as a bathroom. A bathroom is a place where a person can give themselves completely to themselves, without sharing personal space with anyone else. Bringing your personality into the bathroom is not the best solution, because if you don’t live alone, other members of your family will feel uncomfortable.
The best solution is to stick to a minimalist style bathroom, which has been a trend in recent years. Natural and natural textures, such as wood or stone, should be considered as materials for the bathroom.
As previously mentioned, the emphasis in interior design 2021-2022 is on natural materials. No imitation or fakes, just expensive and high-quality textures:
- natural wood;
- Cotton, silk, linen, and leather are used as finishes. At one time, the palm gave way to practical washable wallcoverings, and fabric wallpapers are back in fashion.
These textures have many distinct advantages. They are durable and safe, aesthetically pleasing, and create a special, ineffable atmosphere. For many people, the use of natural materials in their homes is a symbol of status and affluence, because they are not cheap. But here the balance must be struck: the overuse of natural materials creates an ostentatious luxury that is incompatible with the minimalist style that will be dominant in 2021.