The style of minimalism in the interior is characterized by rigor and restraint. It is mainly achieved through the use of functional interior items, geometric shapes, and a combination of two basic colors. It is extremely important when decorating a room to correctly divide the space. To create a minimalistic interior, materials for technical purposes are widely used. They are usually compact, dark in color, and have a strict geometric shape.
A special place in minimalistic interior design is occupied by plants. Decorating a home with houseplants is a ubiquitous practice and a great way to infuse a space not only with vibrant hues but also with the pleasant scent of blooming species. Thanks to the plant and tree identifier app, the selection of plants has become much easier today. Now you can instantly pick up those plants that suit your interior. Lily plant identifier care is not difficult at all. Indoor plants bring the minimal interior to life, purify the air, and smooth the corners. Therefore, their use is quite expedient today.
Find out more about minimalism interior design and get valuable tips on how to introduce minimalism style below.
Features of the Minimalism Style in the Interior
Someone chooses such directions as Japanese or Scandinavian minimalism, based on their own convictions, but for someone, this is the only way to rationally use the available square meters. Here are the main distinguishing features of this direction:
- A lot of space is the basis of interior design in the style of modern minimalism, so it is better to get rid of any partitions in the room;
- Massive windows are required to saturate the room with enough light;
- The color scheme is achieved through the game of halftones. White combined with graphic gray is the most common choice;
- Materials: glass, chrome steel, plastic, artificial and natural stone, textured wood, ceramics;
- The table, sofa, furniture, and chandeliers in the minimalism style have a simple geometric shape. A slight bend is allowed in forms, but not a spiral;
- There are no fanciful decor and ornaments. A couple of paintings in the style of minimalism are perfect for decorating the walls;
- The design is characterized by flat reflective surfaces. Each piece of furniture has well-defined proportions and color;
- Vertical or horizontal blinds are often used instead of curtains;
- Diffused lighting. Ceiling neon or halogen lamps are typically used.
The interior of the room in the style of minimalism is ideal for those who are tired of pretentiousness and crave elegant simplicity. It is advisable to abandon the decor and non-functional details. The room is dominated by a lot of light and space.
Decorating with Greenery: The Use of Plants in a Minimalism Interior
Decorating minimalistic farmhouse chic interiors with flowers and greenery is becoming very popular today. Have you noticed that even the planning stage of many apartments and private houses include a landscaping stage? Owners and designers often think about where certain plants will be located and only then build the further functionality of the rooms and the entire space. This process is very gratifying and creates great opportunities for creativity. Just imagine how your living room can change if you fit a lilium plant into it correctly!
Helpful Lifehacks How to Introduce Plants into Interiors and Keep Minimalism
The lilium plant app will definitely help you arrange your home and find the right place for each flower. However, it is important to know a few rules about how it is recommended to use plants in a minimalistic home interior. Get below 7 valuable tips on how to introduce plants into a minimalism interior:
- It is preferable to leave the walls white to emphasize the bright natural greenery, colors in natural hues, as well as the individual character of each plant. It is better to choose pots of the same color (white, red, green, brown). If there is a pattern, then pay attention to the style – without butterflies, rainbows, or multi-colored applications. All plants in one space or room look beautiful and stylish. They should be planted in pots of the same style or color. This helps create one complete picture;
- Plant a huge ficus or palm tree in a large Scandinavian-style hygge wicker basket or, conversely, in a minimalism white and gray pot. Plants are an integral part of the completed concept and the interior looks incomplete without them;
- It is worth planning in advance for a bright and spacious place exclusively for plants. Use built-in shelves, racks, stools, bedside tables, and ladders;
- Non-functional corners or columns in the room can be successfully filled with plants. The lilium plant app will help you choose the right one;
- Remember to use live bouquets of cut seasonal flowers. If you have a large dining table, there should always be a vase of flowers on it. However, bouquets can also be arranged in the halls with living rooms;
- When planning an apartment or house, try to arrange an internal window sill. It can be designed for potted rooted plants as well as seasonal cut flowers. Such window sills are unexpected in the interior, add pomp and color to your home, and also automatically brighten the view outside the window, no matter what the weather is;
- Floral accents on the porch or on the balcony can be the centerpiece of the design, creating comfort and harmony for tired eyes.
Use the above lifehacks and introduce plants into the minimalistic interior of your home in the most effective way!