Your kitchen is where a family’s heart truly lies because it is where you prepare delicious and healthy meals. That’s why it’s important to design your kitchen for an inviting ambiance, inspiring you to cook hearty meals every day.
In this post, you’ll learn the best design tips to make your kitchen amazing.
Don’t Be Afraid to Try Something New
Remember that there’s no right or wrong in kitchen design if you feel that it’s pleasant, comfortable, and practical. Go ahead and design your kitchen according to your taste and based on your personality. It’s a way to express yourself and your style, so click here for the first steps when designing a kitchen.
Kitchen Lighting Design Tips
Like enough counter space, good kitchen lighting design is crucial. Bring out the best look in your kitchen countertops, cabinets, and food with the right lighting. Cook and prepare delicious recipes by having the proper lighting so you can move with ease and confidence.
Here are some helpful tips when it comes to kitchen lighting design:
- It’s a good start to introduce LED lights into a kitchen design that can provide energy savings and enough work light. Creating layers of light through functional task lighting is essential to make your kitchen look and feel welcoming and warm.
- Install task lighting onto countertops, sinks, built-in pantries, and kitchen islands. Avoid shadows when standing at islands and counters by placing lights around the perimeter of the room.
- Make sure to highlight your beautiful kitchen cabinetry. It’s also a good idea illuminating dark corners of your kitchen that other lights cannot reach.
- Install one recessed light for every ceiling space of 4 to 6 feet.
- For ambient lighting, mix wide-angle recessed lights. For task lighting, use narrow-beam lights. You don’t need recessed light on your stove because range hoods have lights.
- Spreading a warm light on kitchen walls and ceilings is a good idea by mounting over-cabinet lights on top of your kitchen cabinets to also illuminate displays. Hide under-cabinet lights behind wall cabinets to only see the light and not the fixture. Cast lights in the front third of the kitchen cabinet if you want optimum task lighting, or place lights at the back to highlight your beautiful backsplash.
- For daylight, sunlight is a good and free source of light. However, if you don’t have adequate daylight, you can install solar tubes or skylights.
Small Kitchen Design Tips
Many people have a limited kitchen space or tiny kitchens, like those living in condos and apartments. There are many ways to save space and increase a workable room and storage in your kitchen.
Check these helpful small kitchen design tips:
- Hanging a pegboard is a good idea, as it can add a flexible storage space you can adjust over time.
- Downsize your kitchen furniture, such as a half-moon table for smarter use of space.
- Adding a built-in nesting table to your kitchen cabinets is a great space-saving solution that you can easily tuck away when not in use, and pull out if you need a chopping surface.
- Add extra storage for cookbooks, small dishes, and magazines by adding shelves under the island countertop.
- Use the space above your refrigerator to good use by installing a kitchen cabinet for kitchen utensils or for storing your cookbooks.
- Windows make a great storage space where you can hold your collection of pans and pots.
Kitchen Paint Suggestions
Conventional kitchen colors include earthy colors, bright colors, and warm neutrals. These colors make the cooking area and your diners feel comfortable. Also, these colors coordinate well with cabinets, reflect light, and provide cheer to home buyers.
Here are some kitchen paint suggestions for an amazing look:
- Cool neutrals and very dark colors, like black, generally don’t work well in kitchens.
- If you’re worried about choosing the wrong kitchen paint color, you won’t go wrong with neutral colors. You can add yellow, red, or orange to warm up or go with blue, green, or violet to cool down neutrals.
- If you want to add spice and spark to your kitchen, you might consider choosing a red kitchen theme.
- You can go modern and sophisticated with white cabinets and even white small appliances and white plastic stools.
- Yellows, like whites, reflect optimum ambient light to evoke a traditional mode and classic kitchen, maintaining a rich tone.
- Blue kitchens have a vintage appeal, giving your small kitchen a sweet retro look.
Watch some of the best kitchen design tips at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj91whyprUg for more information.
Designing your kitchen is one of the most exciting experiences when it comes to overall home design. Because it’s an area where you prepare food for your family and friends, it should have adequate lighting, inspiring surroundings, and enough space to move around.