Keeping floors looking clean, nice, and immaculate is not an easy task. But don’t worry! This article will help you do exactly that.
After purchasing and installing that dream floor you have been eying for a long time, it is now time to make sure it always looks great. Investing in floor maintenance is a great way to preserve your floor and keep it looking nice.
You can make sure that the floor appears neat by working on it yourself or hiring a service like Rsconcreterestoration.com that specializes in keeping your floors looking beautiful.
There are many types of floors, including:
- Ceramic tile
- Bamboo flooring
Here are some tips you can utilize to keep your flooring looking nice.
- A vital tip to keep in mind is that water and wood do not work well together. At all costs, avoid splashing your hardwood floors with water. Water encourages the degradation and development of cracks within a hardwood floor.
- Make use of chair mats. For heavy furniture like seats, tables, and stands, lace them with cushioning at the tips to reduce the amount of stress and wear and tear inflicted on the floor.
- Utilize rugs and carpets for high traffic areas, for example, in entryways and the patio to reduce the rate of wearing out of your floor.
- Make sure to clean and brush away debris at least every day or every few days in a week to prevent degradation. You can use a mop but make sure it is just moist enough to sweep the debris and not so wet that it leaves patches.
- Clean spills as soon as they occur; sure, spills aren’t as deadly on hardwood floors as they are on carpet floors, but make sure to wipe them off as quickly as possible to avoid stubborn stains.
- Also, make sure to keep your pet’s nails trimmed to avoid any scratches on your hardwood floor.
Tiles are easy to keep clean. The only regular cleaning ceramic tiles need is vacuuming and sweeping.
- Perform a daily sweep to get rid of dirt and debris that may have accumulated on the tiles.
- Clean with a damp mop once a week. Mopping will keep your tiles in tip-top shape. But if it is a high traffic area, you should mop more than once a week.
- When vacuuming, avoid using the beater bar, as it may scratch the tiles.
- When dirt builds up in the grout, it is advisable to use a scrubbing brush and an alkaline-based cleaner. The reason why you should stick to alkaline-based detergents is that acidic cleaners tend to dissolve the grout leading to erosion.
Carpet floors require more effort to maintain and ensure that they keep looking presentable. These tips will set you on the right path.
- Deal with stains as soon as they occur. Spills are a real threat to your carpet flooring. When left unattended, spills set in and stain the carpet. When dealing with stains, blot the area first and then vacuum it. Do not leave any moisture as this will encourage the growth of mold.
- Consider using doormats in high traffic areas to reduce the amount of dirt that is carried into the house. Better still, you can have a ditch policy, where people have to leave their shoes at the door. This will keep your carpets looking great and avoid mud and dirt being dragged onto the carpet.
- Leave a shoe space or install a little rack at the door where everyone can leave their shoes when they enter the house.
- Vacuum your carpet at least twice a week to get rid of dirt and debris that may be stuck in between the fibers. Vacuuming will keep your rug in excellent condition.
- If you have large windows, consider using blinds, taint, or sheers to keep the UV light from reaching your carpet. UV light makes the carpet fade.
- Make sure that you deep clean your carpet at least three times a year. Deep cleaning will keep it in good condition and ensure that it lasts longer.
There are a few things you can do to keep your vinyl floors looking great for a long time.
- Sweep them at least three times a week. Sweeping will help reduce build-up, and you will have an easier time when doing a deep clean.
- Avoid using abrasive material when cleaning your vinyl floors, the reason being that abrasive materials tend to scratch the surface of your floor and wear it out over time.
Maintaining your floors will give them a polished and clean look that will keep them looking beautiful at all times. Remember, the key is to do it consistently and diligently over time. Please don’t leave the cleaning for later. Do it now.