House electrical wiring refers to the process of connecting different electrical accessories for the proper distribution of electricity from the main power source to different equipment and appliances at home, such as television, refrigerator, lamps, and air conditioners.
When it comes to the layout of your electrical wiring, it’s important to hire the professional services of a licensed and experienced electrician. You’ll know the reasons why you need to hire an electrician for your home’s electrical wiring layout by reading below.
Determine the Best Electrical House Wiring System
If you don’t have a background in creating an electrical house wiring system, it is best to entrust it to a professional electrician. By doing so, you can determine the best electrical wiring system that is suitable for your home. Hiring an electrician Colorado Springs will give you peace of mind that your home will be free from fire hazards and accidents that can be caused by a faulty electrical wiring layout.
Here are the different types of electrical house wiring systems:
- Cleat Wiring: It usually consists of PVC insulated wires that are braided and compounded. This type of electrical wiring system is held on ceilings and walls with the use of porcelain cleats with wood, plastic, or groves.
- Casing and Capping Wiring: The cables used for this type are PVC, VIR, or any approved insulated cable, wherein the cables are carried through wooden casing enclosures.
- Batten Wiring: It’s a single or a group of wires are laid on a wooden batten and held using a brass clip.
- Lead Sheathed Wiring: It uses insulated VIR conductors that are covered with an outer lead aluminum alloy sheathe that contains about 95 percent lead. This gives protection against mechanical damage, atmospheric corrosion, and moisture of cables.
- Conduit Wiring: It’s the latest electrical wiring system that can be installed on the roof or walls (surface conduit wiring) or hidden inside a chiseled brick wall or wall slots (concealed conduit wiring). This electrical wiring system is more aesthetically appealing and is stronger.
Thorough Electrical System Planning and Assessment
When it comes to planning your electrical wiring layout for a newly built home or an existing property, careful planning is crucial because just a single mistake can lead to a disaster. In addition, electrical failure usually occurs with an incorrect size of fuse or circuit breaker is installed, which can lead to an electrical emergency. Hiring a professional electrician is the best decision to ensure that your home is equipped with the right size of electrical fuses and circuit breakers.
Professional residential electricians can perform a thorough assessment of your existing electrical system. The electrical panel box will be checked and properly labeled with the right sizes of circuit breakers or fuses for future reference.
Here are the good reasons why you need to hire an electrician to do a thorough power system assessment:
- It guarantees the reliability and safety of your electrical wiring.
- Evaluates your electrical system’s overall condition and make repairs and new electrical fixture installations as needed.
- It prioritizes the improvement needs of your electrical system.
- It provides thorough electrical system documentation.
Avoid Electrical Wiring Mistakes
Homeowners who decide to do a do-it-yourself electrical wiring layout tend to commit common electrical wiring mistakes, which can cause fire hazards. Some of these examples include short cuts in the installation, connecting new electrical fixtures to old ones, and short wire length for electrical boxes.
Hiring an electrician will ensure that none of these common electrical wiring mistakes will be committed.
Here are the other electrical wiring mistakes you can avoid by hiring a qualified electrician:
- Mingling line voltage and low voltage wires
- Wrong circuit interrupter connection
- Stuffing electrical boxes with more wires
- Dispensing with electrical boxes
- Installation without grounding
- Unprotected cables
- Exposing boxes to combustible material
Peace of Mind
You’ll have peace of mind knowing that a highly knowledgeable, trained, and experienced electrician will layout your electrical wiring. A good electrician also has all the tools and equipment to perform different electrical tasks to ensure the safety, reliability, and flexibility of your home’s electrical system.
Hiring a professional electrician can help you layout your electrical wiring inside your home to ensure proper installation and avoid safety hazards. It will prevent you from committing the most common electrical mistakes that may compromise the safety of your family and your property.
A qualified and experienced electrician can help you create the best electrical wiring system for your home through careful planning and assessment of your current electrical system. In this way, you can save money from installing electrical wiring for future home extensions or additions and avoid fire and safety hazards.