A night light lamp is a low-power electric light fixture used to illuminate a room or hallway with a dim glow. They were once marketed towards children but are currently used by both adults and children. Anyone who seeks a sense of security in the dark or needs a bit of light to use the bathroom can use a night light lamp.
Waking up in pitch darkness can be traumatizing, especially for those who have nyctophobia, and prevent you from getting a good night’s rest. Nyctophobia is the fear of night or dark and can make you anxious or depressed. A night light lamp provides just enough light to lull you back to sleep. They do not prevent you from falling asleep and are much cheaper than leaving a light on in the room for the whole night.
Getting enough sleep is vital for your well-being. Lack of sleep is linked to obesity, high blood pressure, and heart failure, while regular sleep withdrawal can be dangerous and affect your overall appearance.
Types of Night Light Lamps
Night light lamps come in a variety of shapes, sizes, colors, and power sources. There are portable lights, plug-in lights, USB lights, LED (light-emitting diode) lights, adjustable lights, color-changing lights, and motion-activated lights. Identify the kinds of features you want before purchasing a night light lamp.
The light color is important because research shows that red, orange, or warm-colored lights are best for a restful night. White or blue lights are too harsh and may prevent you from going back to sleep. Adjustable night light lamps allow you to regulate the light to your preferred brightness, while motion sensor night lights only turn on when they detect movement. Night light lamps can be battery operated, plug-in, or charged via USB and come in many designs such as an art deco floor lamp or column floor lamp.
Art Deco Lamps
Art deco night lamps are created with the design style, which incorporates geometric forms and bold lines. These lamps are made out of plastic, chrome, copper, or glass and have markings done with a sand-blaster or acid-etched at their bases. Art deco night lights can be placed on a bedside table, plugged into a wall socket, stood in a corner, or hung on a wall.
Column floor lamps are tall standing lamps that feature creative and artistic columns. They are functional because they can provide 360� illumination and enhance the décor in any room. Column floor lamps come in many designs, from swing arm lamps, tower floor lamps, club lamps, multi-way lamps, candelabra lamps, and torchiere lamps. The traditional column floor lamp is the club lamp with a narrow column and light on top.
How to Choose a Good Night Light Lamp
- Night light lamps should be made from safe materials, especially those being used by babies or toddlers.
- Choose a night light that is easy to set up and operate.
- A good night light lamp should come with additional functions such as a timer, brightness control, and touch sensitivity. Several night light lamps are made with outlets and USB ports so that you can plug in other electrical devices and charge your phone.
- Motion-activated night light lamps are energy-efficient and will help you to save money. These night light lamps only turn on when they sense motion and turn off if there is no activity. They are better suited for hallways, stairs,
entryways, and bathrooms. Choose a night light lamp with a detection radius of eight to twenty feet, depending on the location.
- Night light lamps should be discreet and out of the way or match your décor. They should serve a purpose without tripping you and causing accidents or being an eyesore.
- LED night light lamps are efficient and last longer than incandescent bulbs. LED bulbs can come in a variety of colors and use approximately 0.5 watts of energy. Electroluminescent bulbs are another option to LED bulbs because they are long-lasting and do not produce any heat.
- Plug-in night light lamps are more reliable because there may be a time when batteries will not be available.
When choosing your night light lamp it is essential you take your time in deciding as this will save you time, effort and money. The above information will do well in helping you in this process.