The hype around glass shower doors might have led you to consider getting a glass shower enclosure. It’s a fact that glass shower doors instantly upgrade the bathroom interior. So opting for a glass enclosure is a great idea. However, when you go out in search of a glass shower door, you find out that there are different types of shower doors. Which one to choose is the big question now!
Here we will discuss different types of shower doors which will help you choose the right one according to your specifications.
- Frameless Shower Doors – A Luxury That Everyone Wants!
Frameless shower door is a buzzword these days. Why is that so? Why does everyone want frameless shower doors? Let’s find out!
A frameless shower enclosure is an all-glass shower enclosure without any metal framing to support the glass panels. The only metal used in the frameless units is the clips, hinges, and handles. The lack of visual obstructions makes the design ultra-sleek and sophisticated. The elevated elegance of frameless shower doors makes them a preferred choice for homeowners. People are going for custom frameless glass shower doors to enhance their bathroom interiors.
- They are corrosion and rust-free.
- Frameless shower doors are super stylish and radiate modern aesthetics.
- They reflect light and create an illusion of wider space.
- Lack of framing makes them easy to clean and maintain.
- Frameless doors are fully customizable. You can choose custom frameless glass shower doors according to your individual bathroom specifications.
- This shower enclosure increases the property value.
- Frameless shower doors are expensive as compared to framed ones.
- Without farming, there is a potential for leaks.
- Installing a frameless door requires some professional assistance.
- Framed Shower Doors – A Safe Yet Classy Choice!
As the name suggests, framed shower doors are shower doors with metal or aluminum farming. They are available in a number of different designs and styles. They are a chic yet safe addition to the bathroom interior. The chances of breakage and shattering are lesser in framed shower doors as a solid frame is supporting the glass panels.
- Metal frames provide more stability.
- Framed shower doors are easier to install.
- The chances of leakage are very low.
- Framed shower enclosures come in a variety of styles and designs.
- They are a cost-effective option.
- Cleaning the doors is quite hard due to the frames.
- There are chances of mold and mildew growth.
- Semi-Frameless Shower Doors – A Complete Package Deal!
If you want the elegance of frameless shower doors and the strength of framed doors, semi-frameless shower doors are the ultimate pick for you. Semi-frameless shower doors offer an ideal fusion of framed and frameless doors. They have permanently bonded hinges, solid handles, and perfectly sleek glass panels to adorn the bathrooms.
- Due to minimum framing, semi-frameless doors are easy to clean.
- The framing provides necessary support to the doors.
- They offer a sleek and contemporary look.
- Due to the frame, semi-frameless doors are easy to install.
- Semi-frameless shower doors are more expensive than framed doors.
- Chances of leakage are little but still present.
What to Choose?
All the above-mentioned shower doors have some ups and some downs. The final choice of shower door depends entirely on your project requirements. However, the middle way would be to choose semi-frameless shower doors.