You’ve probably heard of a farmhouse kitchen, but have you ever considered a farmhouse bathroom?
While farmhouse bathrooms might seem frighteningly rustic in concept, they’re really a cute and fun spin on a modern bathroom.
Much like a farmhouse kitchen, a farmhouse bathroom is an eclectic, rustic style of décor. Many touches that are used in a farmhouse kitchen can be used in a farmhouse bathroom.
Image source: Rockefeller Partners Architects
Feel free to include bead boards, open shelving, white tiles, wooden counters, and wooden cabinets. The style is an excellent way to demonstrate your family’s personality.
Farmhouse bathroom décor has an elegant simplicity. Here are some great tips and tricks to help you create an amazing farmhouse style bathroom.
Farmhouse Bathroom Mirror
Image source: Zoon Real Estate Media
It’s hard to get a farmhouse bathroom mirror quite right. The wrong mirror in a modern farmhouse bathroom will make the room seem too sleek for the style.
The border of the mirror is the key. Look into getting a long, horizontal mirror with a wood frame. This will help communicate a farmhouse, countryside fear. A slightly cheaper, smaller option that works well is a round mirror with a wicker border. This also provides a nice bit of texture to help accent the room.
Farmhouse Bathroom Vanity
Image source: Spazio LA
Try to match your vanity to the style as best you can. A wooden countertop is always effective in a farmhouse bathroom, but you may not be comfortable with the durability of wood.
Tile is also a good option. The primary thing you need to do when selecting a farmhouse bathroom vanity is to make sure it works with the rest of the décor of the space.
Farmhouse Bathroom Sink
Image source: Surreal Systems, Inc.
Your sink should help complement the theme. You can choose vintage or rustic styles with ease. A darker sink will look good in a room that uses a lot of colors. A white sink will be eye-catching and give the room a vintage feel. Make sure your faucets and bathroom fixtures match your theme.
Image source: Cushman Design Group
If you have a small farmhouse bathroom, a standalone sink that isn’t attached to a countertop may be the best option. You can find lots of great vintage and rustic styled sinks that are perfect for a farmhouse bathroom.
Farmhouse Bathroom Floor
Image source: Walls and Floors Ltd
Floors help set the tone of any bathroom. Tile is always a great choice for farmhouse-style rooms, especially bathrooms since so much water ends up on the floor and in the air. Farmhouse bathroom tile should work well with the walls.
Don’t hesitate to get patterned tiles or lay tiles in a pattern. Tile planks, tile hexagons, and multicolored tile squares are all good choices. If you opt to use darker colors, remember that the rest of the room should also incorporate earthier tones.
Farmhouse Bathroom Lighting
Image source: DeLeers Construction, Inc.
This your chance to use some of the unique and fun lighting fixtures you can find on the market. Depending on your themes, you can use rustic-style lights, lodge-style lights, or cottage-style lights. It all depends on the exact tone you’re trying to set for your farmhouse bathroom.
No matter what kind of lights you use, remember that bathrooms should offer a lot of light over the mirror and the shower. These are areas used for makeup, morning routines, and cleaning up.
Image source: Denise Morrison Interiors & House of Morriso
People need to be able to see clearly. Vanity lights over the mirror are always a good idea and some bathrooms use a recessed light over the shower to make sure it is lit up well.
Farmhouse Bathroom Wall Décor
Image source: Soko Interior Design
Have fun with your farmhouse bathroom’s wall décor! This is where you can add a lot of personality. The farmhouse style is naturally eclectic. Ass in ladder shelves, floating shelves, wicker baskets, quirky signs, plants, and unique handmade items. Just avoid overcrowding the space.
Keep it organized in an attractive way. If it’s too busy, the personality you’re trying to convey will be overwhelmed, just becoming a cluttered mess instead. Don’t attach anything permanently to your walls unless you’re certain you want it there.
Farmhouse Bathroom Accessories
Much like with the wall décor, feel free to have fun with your farmhouse bathroom accessories. Look for rustic countertop items like soap dishes and toothbrush holders. Simple, cheap items like watering cans and wicker baskets can be used to hold shampoo bottles or other items you want around.
You may not even have to go out and buy the perfect farmhouse accessories. Look around and see what works. You might be able to clean up or modify old items so that they can fit in. Use this chance to give some old junk some new life!
More Farmhouse Bathroom Ideas
Image source: Lisle Architecture & Design
- Wood is key to making a farmhouse bathroom work. Even if you can’t redo your vanity or replace your floor, integrating wood will help capture the farmhouse feel. It helps a more modern or contemporary bathroom take on a slightly rustic, countryside look and gives an organic feel to rustic styles. Unfinished or recycled wood is the best.
- Use rugs. These will help the space feel warmer and also keep water from making the floor too slippery. Look for vintage-style rugs. Feel free to use oriental style rugs, especially if they have a worn look to them. These come across as exotic treasures and look perfectly a home in a farmhouse bathroom.
- Play around with shapes and patterns. Paint patterns in a porcelain sink or have a countertop with a fun tile pattern. A round mirror on the wall can help the bathroom keep a pleasant modernity, even if the space has rustic style.
- Include plants! They will help create a soothing, organic atmosphere that is a delight to wake up to. There are many kinds of low-maintenance plants that will work great in a farmhouse bathroom, including aloe vera, Chinese evergreen, and Dieffenbachia. The humidity in the bathroom will help water the plants, making them even less work.
Ending thoughts on decorating a farmhouse bathroom
A farmhouse style bathroom is easy to personalize. It’s a great look that can work for any bathroom. Careful planning and an open mind mean it is even a budget-friendly decorating choice!
If you liked this article about farmhouse bathroom ideas, you should check out these as well:
- How To Make A Small Bathroom Look Bigger
- Blue bathroom ideas: Design, décor, and accessories
- Traditional Bathroom Ideas To Use For A Neat Look
- Luxurious Master Bathroom Design Ideas That You Will Love
- Popular bathroom colors and ideas: how to use them for decorating
- Amazing bathroom color schemes you should have